Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Monday, September 18, 2006

Satan's Dove

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Picked up by the neck
thrown out of the window
left to fate, to die
away from infant eyes
Perhaps
my worm-ridden wounds
were an unbearable sight
or cajoled by compassion
I was set free

Splashed upon the sky,
into a million drops scattered
I then dripped into the clouds
with patience by my side
Hidden in the drops
then descended with the rains
When monsoons played havoc
I spread my tentacles
My seeds I embedded
in trees, men and beasts

When finally they came
to snuff the life out of me
I was nowhere to be found
Yet, unknown to them
in the darkness that prevailed
my eyes which lie in wait,
from every nook, they gleamed

Vijay © 18th September, 2006

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucid. profound.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home