Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

[Poem] End of a wait

As the sun attained crimson hues
I settled by the window sill
with a glass of wine
in the château by the hill.

When the city gave birth to lights again
and night attained adolescence
You would come, I was sure
As was our love, its essence.

The screech of tyres in the driveway,
and the reluctant sputter of an engine
nudged me awake from the catnap
making me smile, sanguine

You had to make amends
nullify all that what you termed false
At least that’s what you said
between those incessant calls

I could sense you climb the stairs
The creak of the door, I did notice
yet, I never turned to face you
as I used to earlier, on caprice

Rocking in my chair
facing the luminous valley below
I got a whiff of your after-shave
and feel your movement, slow

A quick flash of pain, a grunt
The blade found its mark
as you muffled my sound
and soon it was all dark.

Vijay © 5th September, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home