Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

[Verse] Reverie

Into its arms, scoops wind, the autumn leaves
Rustling, they surrender to its chilly charm
Besides the slow flame of an oil lamp,
in its commodious penumbral comfort,
into my welcome shoulders, you recline
From the calm contours of a quiescent tranquil face,
your eyes search for something in my eyes
The pleasure of a new found treasure,
enfolded in safe confines, your eyes close
In anticipation, on your brow, sweat beads bud
Night drizzles past semi-closed windows,
dampening playful half-drawn curtains
The sweet scent of soil, soaking in the rain,
wafts past the windows, into my drowsy senses
Embarrassed, the lamp flickers, seeks respite
Soothing its discomfort with my palms, I oblige
Then you slide into my embrace, unabashed.
A moor hen, somewhere in the lake outside,
tells us, its hours before dawn breaks our reverie.

Vijay © 20th March, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home