Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

[Translation] Exorcise

Filled to its brim,
may the cauldron of alphabets
spill over, but written words,
beyond their meaning,
they would never grow.
Pour them into another
or try redefining them
conscious of their shape,
aware of their boundaries, they are.

Agendas hidden in unwritten words
Seen somewhere, heard somewhere
They tumble down the memory lane,
scratching, defacing, its surface.
Etched deeply by time
on hard exteriors of the heart

I segregate meanings and synonyms
Define shapes and boundaries at will
Narrow them down,
confine within a mustard seed, or
let them grow into eternity
for all times to come

The ugly, shapeless ones
hidden somewhere in my mind,
identifying, fishing them out,
I throw questions at them,
exorcise.

A poem in Malayalam by Jayashree
Translated by Vijay © 11th April, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home