Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Harithakam and me

harithakam.com/ is a boon for Malayalees (as opposed to Keralaites - since I would only call those who can read, write and speak Malayalam as Malayalees), who stay miles away from their land of birth or lineage.

The site hosts well-known, lesser-known and amateur poets and their poetry. You can get to read some very very good creations on this site. There are also critical appraisals of some popular poetry works. In one of sojourns here, I was engulfed by this urge to translate and transcreate Malayalam Poetry to English. Having read Malayalam till the eighth grade and having kept in touch with the language over the years, through reading, theatre, films, etc., I thought I should better give it a try.

Though I had done some translation and transcreation from Hindi/Urdu to English and vice-versa, I found it quite a taxing and draining effort doing the same from Malayalam to English. However, I am glad I attempted.

Now, I am privileged to have some of my translations/transcreations uploaded on Harithakam.

You can read them here: ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home