Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Monday, July 23, 2007

[Transcreation] Vibrant paints

The pictures I painted,

they were vibrant as life.

Flowers, butterflies, grasshoppers, jasmine-clusters,

a small boat tiding over the river,

even a ball of fire playing hide and seek

from behind the hills.

Then I painted some dark clouds.

In their ruthless downpour,

my submerged imagination spread.

The wily wind took it away in its fold

On its face was a crooked smile,

in my eyes, a tear drop.

A poem in Malayalam by ABHIRAMI

Transcreation by Vijay © 22nd June, 2007



About Abhirami:

She is a sixth grade student in the Upper Primary Government School at Edappal in District Malappuram, Kerala. Her poems have been published in Mathrubhumi's publications like Kutti-dot-com and Eureka.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home