Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

[Transcreation] Realisation

At the island, a snake bit me
My body turned blue, I became a child again


There were stairs ahead for me to climb

Atop, I saw my grandfather

Unlike him, his growing beard defied death


I perched atop his lap he lovingly offered

He squeezed a leaf and made me drink

When the poison subsided, I was in another world


No hatred or war

Humans and Gods were stark naked

All bathed in an aura

In the same aura,

my sister had shown me once

inside the hollow of a tamarind tree


We thought, in our childish naivety

that it was a diamond

But, we were wrong

It was that world


There was no religion

There was only the soul

No darkness, neither death

No insides or outsides

Neither beginnings nor ends

None was alone

Everyone bathed in the same river,

ate from the same tree


A fairy whispered in my ear:

“The second millennium is over”

A loud roar reverberated in my ears

I was alone,

surrounded by fire




Velipadu - A poem in Malayalam by K. Satchidanandan

Transcreation by Vijay © 31st July, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home