Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Thursday, May 01, 2008

[Transcreation] Fear

effortlessly

like an ink drop

in water

a wisp of smoke

in air


melting like

knotted doubts do

into my thoughts


timely


like emergency breaks

of a speeding vehicle,

a magnet ensconced

in an iron coil


it fills me up

and becomes me


a virtue in current times

fear




A Malayalam Poem “Pedi” by T.P. Vinod
Transcreated by Vijay © 2nd May, 2008

Original Poem

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read the original poem..

melting like
knotted doubts do
into my thoughts
timely

Except the above lines, the rest of the poem has done full justice to the original version.. Very Good!!

Reshmi

5:17 AM  
Blogger Vinod Rajagopal said...

I love this.. haven't read the original because i can't :( But your transcreations sure have me aching to be able to read malayalam again..!

Why a lull on the blog brother?

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home