Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Words again

My friend Avi Das once said..

“We who write, or those of us who tend to think we do, are merely pawns in the hands of words. We only do what words tell us to, what they will. Therefore, we should neither feel proud or feel dejected at the outcome of a write.”

I agreed with him then, though with some circumspection. It is only now that what he said is proving to be true for me. Hats off to you, my friend…you have always provided me the shade of your advice when I most needed it.

Words again.
---------------

You grow within me
Feed on me
Breathe off me
Yet, why am I not your master?
Each one of you
with the same face
the same sound
the same import

Ah!!
And as you wriggle out,
you don new clothes
and meanings,
slashing every presumption
every preconceived notion
with your razor sheen.

While I etch you
in my wretched moments
eulogies do you gather
and cravings of my conscious mind
are just called lifeless banter

I offer you myself on a platter today.
Teach me this art of deception, I pray
Feed on me, breathe off me, If you so want
But, be my masters, do blessings grant

Vijay @ 31st August, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home