Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

[Translation] Till now

Till now
I’ve never been drunk
Never stole
Never gave a reason
for dear ones to complain.

Till now
I don’t owe anyone a penny.
Never let a beggar pass
with an empty bowl.
Never fought.
Haven’t even scolded
my little ones.

Till now
I’ve never questioned
God and his will
Have never succumbed
to a colour or a flag
Never been accused
of unrequited affections

And me?
Never has anyone
been unkind to me either, ever.

Why should I be doing this?
Why on earth?
Why?

He jumped up from the tracks
and in a haste, headed for home,
before it was too late.

Malayalam Poem by Pavitran Tiikunni
Translation by Vijay © 25th February, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home