Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Sunday, April 30, 2006

[Prose] Call me

When they say, you have lost it, remember to call me. I hold the keys to the Lost and Found world.

From the rubble, I will help you find anything that you have lost. What is lost is surely to be found. End of the rope, childhood, innocence, hope, I have everything indexed and neatly arranged. You just need to register your requirement at my Customer Service Desk.

Do remember to call me when you find something which does not belong to you. A promotion, a pay-hike, a smile, accolades or appreciations, all of which came your way, without never really belonging to you. Deposit these with me, for you never know, who might have lost it. I know its hard to part with these, but think about those who lost these. Let me help them find these.

I even collect insults, admonitions and punishments, which you were not entitled to receive, but were heaped on you. To tell you the truth, I stack the safely in the attic, for no one really has ever come looking for them.

Most sought after is Smile. Everyone seems to have lost it and no one seems to have found it either. Of course, Laughter comes a close second.

Since it was becoming extremely difficult to cope up with the heavy demand, I thought it would be better to organize a self-help workshop, where everyone could be taught. How to prevent a loss, to assess whether what you think is lost is actually lost?, not to cry over a loss, to search what is lost, to finally find what is lost and finally, not to rejoice too much when found, to evaluate what is found, whether what is found is actually a Find?, whether what is found is worth it?, whether what is found is deserved?, how to realize that what is found does not belong to you, how to bring yourself to give up what you found and do not deserve, are the broader points on which the self-help workshop proceeds.

Would you not be willing to attend?

Vijay © 28th March, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home