Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Monday, April 23, 2007

[English Ghazal] Don't mind

A tippler, am always on a high, don’t mind
Its sheer joy that makes me cry, don’t mind

Mark my words, I speak only the truth
If a slur precedes my sigh, don’t mind

With Scotch and Cognac, tempt me, you may
Am content with some Rye, don’t mind

Generously, you bought me a drink
If I were to ask you “why”, don’t mind

Please demonstrate that charity again
My bottle has gone dry, don’t mind

You wish to walk me home, you say
After five down, I fly, don’t mind

You are kind, O! My host for the night
Still, my conscience you can’t buy, don’t mind

“Mahfuuz” don’t cozy up to me as yet
You seem dubious and sly, don’t mind


Vijay © 23rd April, 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger The Friendly Ghost said...

Hey

Nice turn of the phrase, but dreary background, dont' mind:)

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home