Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

[Poem] Was it not you, my friend?

Was it not you, my friend,
I met at the grocer’s, yesterday?
We seemed so much alike
moulded, as if, of the same clay!

Was it not your wife by your side,
so gentle and so calm
and the little fairy daughter of yours
dangling on your arm?

Today, I see a different you
or are they mistaken, my eyes?
My heart, it goes pounding,
asking me, many how’s and why’s!

A bunch of nails stuffed with RDX
in that packet in your hand
The one you left at the corner store
and walked off with élan

I saw you there for I was there
with my sons and my wife
How painless was it for you to
snuff out three innocent lives?

Vijay © 4th November, 2005

In memory of my family friends, Mr. Sivaraman, Mrs. Meena
Sivaraman and their son, Vinod, who died in the blast at
Paharganj, New Delhi on 29th October, 2005. Their younger
son, Vineet is in the ICU with his hearing completely
impaired.

http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=81125

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home