Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

[Poem] As I see

Its been ages since I have seen you smile
That sparkle in your eyes, I see no more
Clothes, dull and shabby, you wear nowadays
Remember, those pretty ones you once wore?

That song you hum while you wash and cook
It always transports me back to those days
when in halter tops and jeans you used to prance
and rock music was my only craze

While around the house you slowly walk
a slight bend in your build, I do sadly find
Time has drawn wrinkles on your skin
and succumbed, you have, to the daily grind

Difficult they were and naughty as all
In their care you spent your prime
You it is, who has brought up the kids
I bow to you and your love sublime

As the little sparrows grow their wings
to seek new challenges and skies, they fly away
The one who tends the nest can only watch
and bless them with happiness on their way

Sometimes, when those tears rolled down
some futile efforts, with no one to blame
a helpless me then could only stare from the wall
what else could I do from inside a picture frame

Vijay © 28th November, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home