Mahfuuz

My little place in space. Read my words...and to know me, leave your mark.

Name:
Location: India

Friday, May 04, 2007

[Poem] Counselling

My palms, like anesthesia’s effect,
sooth stiff nerves on your hands,
to help you melt inhibitions

My question, like that one single incision,
elicits a shudder yet gives me a leeway
enough to explore further

My eyes, like dexterous endoscopic tubes,
probe and prod your innards
to locate extent of the spread

My words, like a surgeon’s glove-clad fingers,
reach deep down your mind and take out
with precision, the implanted lies

My assurances, like soft cotton swabs,
try cleansing the bleeding voids
where the cancerous lies clung

My smiles, like surgical threads
weave to stitch the open wounds
But I guess, in vain

The damage was already done
You seem to have opted
to live with them
or perhaps, even die.

Vijay © 3rd May, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home